Your Personal Data
Personal Data refers to data or information about you from which you can be identified and/or contacted either directly or indirectly. Examples of such Personal Data include and not limited to the following:
- Your name, personal identification number such as NRIC or Passport Number, telephone and fax number(s), postal and email addresses and payment related information such as bank account;
- Request for product information, catalogues and information for product and site measurement such as floor plan layouts;
- Information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/or services including computer and connection information, cookies, statistics on page views and other relevant information relating to our website, but only to the extent that Focal Pacific may identify you from such information.
Collection of Personal Data
Focal Pacific in general collects your Personal Data in a number of ways:
- When you submit forms relating to any of our products or services;
- When you interact with our Sales & Marketing employees;
- When you use our services, e.g; request for quotation on our products;
- When you establish a client account with us;
- When you request that we contact you;
- When you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and agents;
- When you respond to our promotions and marketing materials;
- When you request to be included in our mailing list;
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties;
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for other reason not specified above
When submitting your Personal Data to us, you should ensure the information provided is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Use of Personal Data and Disclose Information
Generally, Focal Pacific may collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for one of the following purposes or more:
- Responding to your queries and requests and this includes but not limit to fulfilling your product/service orders, to provide you with information that you may request and to customise your business experience with us. The main objective is to facilitate business transactions between Focal Pacific and yourself;
- We will also use your Personal Data to send you information on our services and products that we believe might be of interest to you;
- Communicating with you to inform you of changes and development of Focal Pacific policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information, including for the purposes of servicing you in relation to our products and services offered to you;
- Conducting market research for statistical, profiling and statistical analysis for the improvement of the products and services offered to you and other clients;
- Verify your identity;
- Compliance with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice and guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities. As a responsible company, we believe in compliant with the law is important. Therefore, we may disclose your Personal Data to comply with a subpoena or court order or when we are required to do so by law.
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above.
If you have provided your telephone number(s) and have indicated your consent to receiving marketing information via your stated telephone number(s), then from time to time, Focal Pacific may contact you using the telephone number(s) with information about our products and services.
In relation to particular products or services or in our past interactions, we may also have specifically informed you of other purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data. If so, then we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically informed you otherwise.
Disclosure of Personal Data
As we understand that your Personal Data is very important, we will not give your Personal Data to unauthorised marketers or retailers for them to use to contact you about offers or promotions of their own (other than, of course, in connection with the sale of our business).
It is important for you to understand that we have employees to help us operate our business. We generally require that our employees not disclose the Personal Data information or use it other than as necessary to perform their services for us. Other than our employees, we have business partners that we work closely with whom we may disclose your Personal Data, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, including The Act. They include:
- Business affiliates;
- Contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to Focal Pacific, such as telecommunications, information technology, accounting related vendors, market research or other services to Focal Pacific;
- The Credit Bureau, or in the event of default or disputes, any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres;
- Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale;
- Anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties;
- Banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- Our professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers;
- Relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority; and
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data
Collection of Information by Third Parties via Links
Our site may contains links to other sites, including, among others, those of some of our vendors or business affiliates. Those other sites may have privacy policies which may be different from ours. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of such third party websites. When using such links, you should consult the privacy notices associated with those links. We take no responsibility for information collected by third parties.
Your Acceptance of These Terms